Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Knitting video, journal spread, and online class



I've posted another video- a beginner's video for nifty knitting. This is a part of a series of videos to show how to make a hat on the nifty knitter and how to change yarn colors/make stripes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP9E_hw7zNg










I've not only been knitting and making videos, but also playing around in my journal. This page was a midnight blue acrylic layered with dark metallic inks and then border with lighter metallics.

The quote is from Lady Gaga's song "Monster" I seem to be obsessed with song lyrics in my spreads these days.



The photograph is actually from a collection of photos we found in my grandfather's house. We are most likely related to them somehow. This is a photocopy and I scribbled out the guy's face because I'm feeling whiny lately about boys =) The "jerk" tag is from my label maker I got on clearance from Michael's. (The only true love of my life!)


A final note: I just signed up for Kira Harding's first online class showing us how to make our own journals from scratch. I'm going to give it a go over the spring break in March and I'll give you guys a review about it when I'm done. It looks great, here's the link:
*Also- it's her birthday! Happy birthday Kira and congrats on the first class!

No comments:

Post a Comment