Friday, March 12, 2010

Returning

I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry!
I know it's been forever since I updated. I am going to rant through an explanation for 30 seconds: between filling out FAFSA's (twice and waiting to make corrections), midterms, work, and school I got really sick and I'm in a budding romance. It's been a hell of a ride the past couple of weeks!


I still don't have wifi at home so it makes updating harder but I want to get back to posting at least 3 times a week- I was doing pretty well there for a while!


Moving on:

More knifty knitting videos to come within the next week- THANK GOD for spring break!









This is a spread of Lady Gaga's "Monster." The background is a layer of gesso using the credit card scraping technique and then drybrushed with acrylics.






Somehow I'm related to this guy, again from the photos we found at Pop's house- he looks like he was a play boy, I think the pipe sells it. I regret writing the lyrics in metallic gold because it is difficult to read
=/
For some reason my Sakura gelly roll pens haven't been liking my acrylic backgrounds lately. I'm beginning to think it's because I use the cheap Folkarts but I'm not ready to let go of them yet. I'm using the Sakura glaze most often, followed by the souffle and sharpie paint pens. Yes, the oil based ones. I don't know why everyone is hating on them- I just can't find the water based anymore!


No comments:

Post a Comment