Saturday, December 12, 2009

Prompts number 3 and 5

I've found myself having a hard time working in my normal art journal with this class going on. Hopefully that will change after this coming week and exams are over. I took one of Millande's ideas and have started taking paint left on my palette and started randomly splattering/brushing/slapping paint onto pages of a blank book. That way when I need my spring altered journal the backgrounds will already be done and ready for collage and words.

More pages from the Prompt a Day class:





I kind of cheated with this page and didn't just add the blue as another layer with a brush but instead used crumbled plastic wrap to apply it.




I absolutely love the way the 5th page turned out, I think it's one of my favorites out of all the pages I've done. I like how the different fonts separate ideas and how the black and white really stand out. The photo is Sage, the boy who would have been my stepson, I love him and his sister Ceilidh as if they were my own. (Bonus point for the fact he's wearing a hat I knit him in the picture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment