Monday, June 14, 2010

#2

I've been a fan of Post Secret for years and I have so far found 2 secrets in the various books of them. This secret came from my local library and says, "I'm scared that I won't be able to make it through college because I'll get homesick. Harford County is all I've ever known." If I could have written a note back to this person I would tell her, "You're going to do great. You'll miss home but you're also going to discover how big and amazing the world is."

Four years ago I left home for the first time to live with my boyfriend in Tennessee for the summer. For the following 3 and a half years I'd leave my family in Maryland and travel all over the country with Dave, I've seen so much and met so many people. If I hadn't jumped in and just took a chance I would have missed out on a lot, including learning who I am and what matters most to me. Dave and I didn't work out but we're still on good terms and I had so many adventures. I don't have any regrets.


But since I couldn't talk to this girl I journaled about it instead and meditated on my college experience. It's hard to believe I'll be going to grad school in the fall!

I just found out two of my favorite crafters just started a new inspiration blog! Check it out at:
http://eyeinspires.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment