Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Venturing into the Unknown

I get a lot of my ideas while driving. I thought about the last spread I posted and a conversation I had recently with some members of the craftster Altered Journal-Along- I am going to try making a youtube video (my very first!) about the idea of sad/personal/"ugly" journal entries. It'll probably get made sometime around this weekend after I go gush over Taylor in New Moon and go to bingo. =)

Who knows if I'll be able to get it posted, but we're sure going to try! If it flops I'll just write it up as another written blog entry.

Here is the inside cover my Autumn art journal (I seem to fill one up with each season.) I included my contact info (tactfully blocked out) and I have since added label maker tape to include my email address. The stars are a cute little series of stamps my sister made for me, I love the spunk they have. They aren't uniform- I just love their quirkiness. The raven stamp is from one of those $1 Halloween stamp sets from JoAnn's impulse purchase section by the registers.

The spread on the right is one of my favorite collages I've done, all the images are from National Geographic magazines. Yes, the woman was actually carrying the birdcage on her head- the texture of her clothing is great and I love the color.


Where/how do you get most of your craft/art ideas?

2 comments:

  1. did you ever get the video up? i would love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually tried twice today but kept having problems. I hope to have it up by this weekend, I'm really excited about it!

    ReplyDelete