Saturday, November 21, 2009

Halloween Spread

Senoritis has set in. I've been skipping classes and reading craft books when I should be writing term papers. Here's what I've been reading lately





Mostly sewing books, I am trying to get inspired to start needlework again. I haven't done any fabric/embroidery projects in at least 6 months and there's a whole role of cross stitch fabric waiting to be used.

Lastly, a Halloween spread that honestly looks better in person. I had mixed a deep purple with gold so it is dark but shimmers. The trees were a stencil that was sprayed with walnut ink. The playing card is from a much abused, to-be-thrown-away deck at my day care center that I colored with dye inks and then rubbed away to highlight the wrinkles and tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment