Saturday, January 1, 2011

Etsy shop up!

I have spent the day writing up shop policies, taking photos of items, posting them, and wading through pages of legal mumbo-jumbo. But the shop is up: http://www.etsy.com/shop/RougeRavenDesigns?ref=pr_shop_more I never thought that selling crafts online required so much paperwork!

Today I learned:

1) Etsy sellers pay taxes not once, but four freakin' times a year! (Since taxes aren't deducted from their paychecks like at a "real" company.)

2) I need an employer identification number

3) I need a license. (I think?)

4) I should open a separate business account to make paying those crazy taxes easier.


Least to say, I'm kind of scared. This is all very new and somewhat overwhelming, but it's a bright new year and I'm looking forward to it.


And though I made this spread for a totally different thing I was dealing with this is pretty much how I have felt today:


No comments:

Post a Comment