Thursday, October 1, 2009

Books and Sushi Babies

As Promised I bring you photos.

Here is a glimpse of what I am reading craft wise these days, thank God for libraries.

I actually bought Wide Open, which is a series of idea cards and an accompanying predecorated art journal; I like it but it isn't meant for people not crazy about taking photos since most of the ideas focus on this.

Here is today's spread, I fell in love with the sushi baby I found in my October issue of Parents Magazine under the Halloween idea section. I also experimented with a new favorite technique of mine called "ragging," which is where you dab paint onto a cloth and then smear it around the page. I achieved this look by wetting the cloth prior to dipping it into a little of paint to just get the color on the page and scrubbed it around. Some of the paper pealed off when I did this but I love the look- I'll just have to be more gentle next time.



Tomorrow I'll have another spread (hopefully I'll get into the habit of posting one daily).

Noncrafting but interesting news, I get to go see the Dali Lama speak next week in DC and I have nearly front row tickets! I'm just super upset that I won't be allowed to take a camera with me into the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment