Monday, April 19, 2010

Day of the Dead Package II

After much delay I'm back (again)! I've been swamped with papers and exams and now I'm torn between what to masters program to apply to.

Here are the goodies I made for trampycouture's Mexican Kitsch Swap package:


I bought a pack of three bud vases from JoAnn's and a separate set of glass paints to make this sacred heart vase. The bottom of the vase is actually a vibrant green and purple but the red and blue colors in the photo are fairly accurate.





My partner asked me to make her a fabric sandwich wrap- I never made one before but after looking at some patterns I was able to come up with my own washable version. Most of them were PUL and could only be wiped clean but since this is cotton it can be tossed in the washer with hand towels.


I love how the necklace turned out, I actually made it at the last minute because I couldn't think of what else to make. The metal frame and glass pieces are from the Ranger collection and the background text in this photo is from the Crafty Chica collage pack. The mini Frida is actually from a collection of stickers I have that feature her artwork. The wings were pulled off of some 3-d insect stickers I had.



This side of the pendant is all from the Crafty Chica collage pack- viva Frida!



Finally, I sent along a yard of this fabulous Day of the Dead fabric for her to use- I always snatch up a yard or two when I see it because it's never there when I need it!

- x Aly B

No comments:

Post a Comment