Thursday, January 14, 2010

Skull and winter spreads

You've been starved for too long, I finally made it to the library- 20 minutes early in fact. I am trying out a new blog layout, let me know what you think! I picked it up at Smitten Blog Designs. (Please suffer me, I am learning html slowly.) Here are some pages from both my A Prompt a Day journal and my winter 09/10 journal.

I achieved the ink color by first writing my text with a orange sakura souffle gel pen and allowing it to dry and then very lightly going over the letters with a orange sakura glaze gel pen. I love the color I got from this and I will be using this technique again. It is very important to be light handed with the second layer, otherwise you'll scrap away the first layer of ink- give it plenty of time to dry. The skull is from the mojito paper pack by
the Crafty Chica- Kathy Cano-Murillo . The semi circle is actually a watercolored coffee filter.

This spread was created by squirting paint on the pages and then shutting it. I allowed it to dry over night and then covered it in a thing layer of gesso so that they colors would peek through.




No comments:

Post a Comment